With the aim to measure the transplacental transference and by breastfeeding of the hexachlorobenzene (HCB) and the effects on the neurobehavioural development, a cohort was built with all new born of the town of Flix and 5 adjacent towns (nearby Ribera d’Ebre), between March 1997 and December 1999. This study was justified by the high levels found in these populations and the lack of specific studies of the HCB in new born babies.
94 of the 118 births of all the area joined the cohort, but there was also information of pregnancy and childbirth and cord blood of other 8 children (a total of 102). These children were evaluated at the moment of birth, at 8 weeks of life, at 1 year and at 4 years.
Processing of Data and Samples:
How do we treat your personal data and the biological samples we collect?
The data of the INMA-Ribera d’Ebre birth cohort collected in the context of the INMA Project are kept at the Institut de Salut Global Barcelona (ISGlobal)
– Responsible for the Treatment: Private Foundation Instituto de Salud Global Barcelona (ISGlobal)
– CIF: G65341695
– Postal address: Carrer Rosselló, number 132, 2ª, 5ª and 7ª in Barcelona (08036)
– Telephone: (+34)932271806
– Data Protection Delegate, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data are treated with absolute confidentiality and in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of April 27, 2016, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and to the free circulation of this data and to Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the protection of personal data and the guarantee of digital rights.
Health data is kept separate from personal data. Data dissociation means that your health information cannot be associated with you as your personal data is replaced by a numeric code. Dissociated information is archived for use by project researchers and their research partners. All the results of the study are presented in a database of the group of participants, data is never presented individually.
Personal data will be kept as long as the research project or successive projects within the same line of research is active, in this way your data may also be used by other projects / research within the area of the present project , or in global health research projects, both in infectious and non-communicable diseases, and environmental health, to study the effect of environmental factors on people’s health.
You are responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data you provide us and you have the right to exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, portability and opposition of your data in accordance with what has the regulations on data protection. To exercise them, you must write to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com and you must attach a photocopy of your national identification document or the equivalent. In addition to the possibility of exercising your rights, if you do not agree with the treatment carried out by the Entity or if you consider that your rights have been infringed, you can submit a claim at any time to the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Biological samples are treated in accordance with current legislation (Law 14/2007 on biomedical research, and Royal Decree 1716/2011 regulating the use of biological samples for research). The samples are stored in the ISGlobal biobank, at Campus Mar (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park) and are included in collection C.0001626 included in the Registry of Collections of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. These are only used in research projects directly related to the INMA Project and with the aim of studying biomarkers related to the effect of environmental factors on health.
The data obtained from the use of these samples will be treated in the same way as the rest of the data obtained in this study.
The provision of biological samples for this study is free and voluntary. This assumes that you will have no rights to potential commercial benefits from discoveries that may result from the biomedical research.
Finally, if you decide to withdraw your consent to participate in this study, no new data will be added to the database from the date you inform us that you decide to withdraw, and only the data obtained up to that time will be retained, to ensure the validity of the research. You can also request that the identifiable biological samples obtained so far be destroyed, so that no further analysis can be carried out.
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Consentiment, Ribera d'Ebre, 13-14 años (CAT)
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Consentimiento. Ribera d'Ebre, 13-14 años (ESP)
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Consentimiento informado. Ribera d'Ebre, 13-14 años (CREAL)
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Cuestionario niños. Ribera d'Ebre, 13-14 años
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Cuestionario padres. Ribera d'Ebre, 13-14 años
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Protocolo recogida de cabello. Ribera d'Ebre, 14 años
- Visita 13-14a RIB, Protocolo Ribera d'Ebre, 12-13 años
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Consentimiento genético. Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años (niño)
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Test McCarthy. Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Cuestionario general padres. Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años (CAT)
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Cuestionario sobre la Atención y la Conducta del niño (DSM-IV). Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Cuestionario de dieta. Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años (CAT)
- Visita 4-5a RIB, Cuestionario sobre la Competencia Social en Pre-escolares. Ribera d'Ebre, 4-5 años
- Visita Embarazo RIB, Consentimiento genético. Ribera d'Ebre, embarazo (madre)