Between April 1997 and June 1998, a cohort of pregnant women was recruited in the island of Menorca. All of the women who acceded to participate in the AMICS study (Asthma Multicenter Infants Cohort Study) on environment and incidence of allergy and asthma were included in the INMA study, a total of 482. Since then, the children born of these pregnancies have been followed annually until 4 years and samples of dust and NO2 were taken from their homes. In the visit of the 4th year, the measurements on the children were: organochlorine compounds, thyroid hormones, metals, and the level of neurobehavioural development. The children have been followed two years until the age of 10 years. In addition, the data taken during the pregnancy and the first years of life that were gathered in AMICS, as well as the frozen samples of cord blood and mother blood, will allow to evaluate the exposure to these compounds during the pregnancy in a retrospective way.
Processing of Data and Samples:
How do we treat your personal data and the biological samples we collect?
The data of the INMA-Menorca birth cohort collected in the context of the INMA Project are kept at the Institut de Salut Global Barcelona (ISGlobal)
– Responsible for the Treatment: Private Foundation Instituto de Salud Global Barcelona (ISGlobal)
– CIF: G65341695
– Postal address: Carrer Rosselló, number 132, 2ª, 5ª and 7ª in Barcelona (08036)
– Telephone: (+34)932271806
– Data Protection Delegate, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data are treated with absolute confidentiality and in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of April 27, 2016, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and to the free circulation of this data and to Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the protection of personal data and the guarantee of digital rights.
Health data is kept separate from personal data. Data dissociation means that your health information cannot be associated with you as your personal data is replaced by a numeric code. Dissociated information is archived for use by project researchers and their research partners. All the results of the study are presented in a database of the group of participants, data is never presented individually.
Personal data will be kept as long as the research project or successive projects within the same line of research is active, in this way your data may also be used by other projects / research within the area of the present project , or in global health research projects, both in infectious and non-communicable diseases, and environmental health, to study the effect of environmental factors on people’s health.
You are responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data you provide us and you have the right to exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, portability and opposition of your data in accordance with what has the regulations on data protection. To exercise them, you must write to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com and you must attach a photocopy of your national identification document or the equivalent. In addition to the possibility of exercising your rights, if you do not agree with the treatment carried out by the Entity or if you consider that your rights have been infringed, you can submit a claim at any time to the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Biological samples are treated in accordance with current legislation (Law 14/2007 on biomedical research, and Royal Decree 1716/2011 regulating the use of biological samples for research). The samples are stored in the ISGlobal biobank, at Campus Mar (Barcelona Biomedical Research Park) and are included in collection C.0001626 included in the Registry of Collections of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III. These are only used in research projects directly related to the INMA Project and with the aim of studying biomarkers related to the effect of environmental factors on health.
The data obtained from the use of these samples will be treated in the same way as the rest of the data obtained in this study.
The provision of biological samples for this study is free and voluntary. This assumes that you will have no rights to potential commercial benefits from discoveries that may result from the biomedical research.
Finally, if you decide to withdraw your consent to participate in this study, no new data will be added to the database from the date you inform us that you decide to withdraw, and only the data obtained up to that time will be retained, to ensure the validity of the research. You can also request that the identifiable biological samples obtained so far be destroyed, so that no further analysis can be carried out.
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Cuestionario adolescentes
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Cuestionario padres
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Codebook
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Visita adolescentes (CAT)
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Roulettes Task Description, Menorca 18 años (ENG)
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Ruleta de los Cubos (instrucciones de uso), Menorca 18 años (ESP)
- Visita 17-18a MEN, Protocolo "Amics INMA", Menorca 17-18 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Cuestionario para adolescentes, Menorca, 13-18 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Consentimiento informado, Menorca 14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Cuestionario web adolescentes, Menorca, 14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Cuestionario web padres, Menorca, 14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Fitxa visita, Menorca 14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Protocol, Menorca 14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Cuestionario para los padres, Menorca, 13-14 años
- Visita 13-14a MEN, SDQ_s11-17single children, Menorca 13-14 (CAT)
- Visita 13-14a MEN, Analítica 14 años, Menorca 13-14 años
- Visita 11a MEN, Consentimiento informado general, Menorca, 11 años (ESP)
- Visita 9-10a MEN, Cuestionario General, Menorca 9-10 años
- Visita 9-10a MEN, Cuestionario de Frecuencia Alimentaria y Actividad Física
- Visita 6-7a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 6 años (CAT)
- Visita 6-7a MEN, Cuestionario de Frecuencia Alimentaria y Actividad Física
- Visita 4a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 6 años (CAT)Test McCarthy, Menorca 4 años
- Visita 4a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 4 años (CAT)
- Visita 4a MEN, Cuestionario sobre la Atención y la Conducta del niño (DSM-IV), Menorca 4 años
- Visita 4a MEN, Cuestionario sobre la Competencia Social en Pre-escolares, Menorca 4 años
- Visita 3a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 3 años (CAT)
- Visita 2a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 2 años
- Visita 1-1,5a MEN, Protocolo Factor "G", Menorca 1-1,5 años
- Visita 1-1,5a MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca, 1 año
- Visita 3m MEN, Cuestionario, Menorca 3 meses (CAT)
- Visita Nacimiento MEN, Cuestionario Nacimiento, Menorca (CAT)
- Visita Embarazo MEN, Cuestionario Embarazo, Menorca